Enrollment in a K-12 online Christian school to homeschool has multiple benefits.
The greatest benefit is you can expect a biblical curriculum, often with a non-doctrinal, character building emphasis.
Online Christian schools have Christian values, so you are not continuously surprised by curriculum content.
It helps parents fulfill the command of Deuteronomy 6 to teach our children about the Lord all day long, every day.
The cost of online Christian schools may be slightly higher than some homeschool options, but are only a fraction of campus-based Christian schools. Parents can enjoy many school benefits at home. One of the greatest values for the money is school accreditation, especially a regional accreditation. Here are some of the benefits over just buying annual curriculum:
- academic help options
- often older experienced organizations
- achievement testing
- assists parents with student motivation
- removes government registration requirements for homeschooling in many states
- payment options
- records management
- academic diagnosing
- removes labor and time screening curriculum each year
- school number for college entrance and college financial aid
- often have one or two accreditations
- have quality paper-based programs for younger grades that dovetail into online curriculum later
Financial savings of K12 online Christian schools by completing school from home.
For many parents, these savings can offset a large part of online Christian schools’ tuition.
- it saves transportation costs such as gasoline, maintenance, and vehicle depreciation due to multiple daily school runs
- it saves money from more expensive and sometimes not as healthy school lunches
- it saves on clothing costs
- it saves because there are usually no fundraising requirements
- it saves because the multiple incidental costs a campus-based structure has are not required
For example: It would cost over $1000 in gas and vehicle expenses per year if figuring $3 for each trip to drive a student to and from school each day for a 170 day school year. Saving only $1 per student lunch by having lunch at home would save $170 per year, plus would allow parents to better monitor eating habits.
Top Homeschool Pages
- A K12 online Christian school can reduce friction, because someone besides Mom or Dad expects the student’s academic goals to be completed on time.
- Homeschooling through Online Christian schools can provide educational efficiency. See the Homeschool Efficiency section on this page.
- Academic assistance can be accessed from the school to reduce both parent and student frustration. This is especially a value for upper grade courses, a working at home parent, or for personality reasons.
- The student can work from anywhere there is a computer and internet, so the family has flexibility.
- Online curriculum offers immediate answer re-enforcement that is rarely offered in traditional education methods. The structure prevents the student learning wrong answers due to improper scoring or missed corrections. This also saves the parent or student an enormous amount of scoring time. Some scoring still has to be scored subjectively. You should ask ahead of time if the school or the parent is responsible for this. Both Western Christian Academy and Southeast Academy provide teachers for this type of scoring if using their Teacher On Call program.
- Lesson plan maintenance, grading, and record maintenance are often done by the system, so it frees up the parent much more than traditional homeschooling.
- The transportation time saved by the parent can be applied to supervising the student’s work, so very little additional time is needed for the parent to homeschool. Be sure to read Challenges of a School From Home Structure for tips and ideas for parent efficiency.
- You will not be alone. Homeschools have greatly increased since the 1970′s.